Short Guide to an Accessible Fitness and Healthy Eating Plan
We have all experienced, at least once in our lives, the desire to stop eating junk food and change our lifestyle in order to become healthier, slimmer, fitter and more energetic. Unfortunately, following a healthy eating plan, as well as doing regular workout, requires a lot of our resources (energy, time, perseverance, and sometimes, money). This is why it is not uncommon for us to quit, returning to sedentary living and unhealthy food, because of the lack of visible and quick results.
However, there are several methods to make the change toward a healthy lifestyle easier. We do not have to pay a lot of money to go to the gym, or take dance classes, we do not have to spend two or more hours from our free time to exercise, and we do not have to starve ourselves to become fitter. In fact, there are plenty of simple and accessible methods to become more active and healthier: it is all about making small changes in how we spend our usual days.
Low cost fitness tips:
- Instead of going to the gym, try costless fitness: jogging, yoga at home, riding a bike.
- Use your car less often. If you can, walk to your workplace, to the shopping mall, or use your bike for longer journeys.
- Avoid the elevator. Try using the stairs, instead.
- Take advantage of the energy of your little ones, and play with them – in the park or in the garden. Run with them, let them challenge you. It will certainly be exhausting, but also really fun, and you will have the chance to enjoy both quality time with your children and the effects of a good workout.
- Active family entertainment. Why go to the restaurant or to a movie with your family, when there are so many other fun activities you could try? Going for a walk in the park, hiking in the mountains, playing tennis, volleyball, handball or soccer are a great opportunity to exercise the fun way. Skating, skiing, running or swimming in the pool – there are countless methods to spend time with your family, while also doing some workout.
Accessible healthy eating tips
- There is nothing easier and more affordable than avoiding unhealthy food: you just have to stop buying them. Avoid fast food, fat food, sweets, foods high in cholesterol, carbonated drinks, or alcohol.
- There is no need to create fancy recipes, just because you can find them in different diet plans. Healthy eating is extremely simple. You can cook healthy and delicious recipes, without having any exotic ingredients or spending a lot of time: soups, salads, fish with vegetables, they are all tasty and easy to make.
- Have healthy snacks between meals, because it will help you eat less when meal time comes. Enjoy some yoghurt, fruits, a delicious smoothie, or a glass of warm, low fat milk, and you will keep your hunger under control, without destroying your healthy eating plan.
Respecting a fitness and healthy eating plan is not that difficult, as long as you use every opportunity life offers you to make healthy choices.